The Achievement Zone
Young adults enrolled in The Achievement Zone are challenged and prepared to pursue their goals, as staff help participants clarify their plans and take the next step as adults. The Arc of Monmouth offers a robust and well-balanced curriculum with options like Job Club and pre-vocational training, cooking, creative arts, community service, fitness, and community inclusion. There is something for everyone!
The Achievement Zone offerings (Monday through Friday) will run from 9 AM to 3 PM. Transportation to and from the program (drop off and pick up) is NOT provided by The Arc.
Some activities may require higher levels of activity. Some activities also require additional costs.
If you have particular needs (e.g. medical, behavioral, mobility, safety, or self-care) that cannot be met in one of these offerings, don't forget that The Arc of Monmouth also offers five Achievement Centers with specially-trained staff on site.
If you are new to the Achievement Zone, we strongly encourage you to schedule a tour to be sure the activities would be a good fit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Winter 2019 Schedule
Start Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2019
End Date: Friday, April 12, 2019
- January 21, 2019 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 18, 2019 - President's Day
NOTE: Community College Connections follows the Brookdale academic calendar. The spring semester is 1/25/19-5/10/19 with closures on 3/22 for Spring Break and 4/19 for Good Friday.
Click each link below for details on each program offering for Winter 2019:
Community Inclusion: Enrich your daily life by experiencing many of the resources and cultural activities our local community has to offer. Some days may incur additional fees. Click each link to learn more about specific options.
- Creative Expressions (Monday)
- Walking Club & Drama (Tuesday)
- Community Visits (Wednesday)
- Arts & Cinema (Thursday)
- Traveling Book Club & Bowling (Thursday)
- Community College Connections (Friday)
Prevocational Training: Learn and engage in volunteer experiences to explore possible career options and build employability skills and independence.
- Inventory & Money Management (Monday)
- Wandering Wagon (Tuesday)
- Food Pantry & Technology (Wednesday)
- Let's Do Lunch (Friday)
Enhancing Job Skills: Mondays, new option in collaboration with employment staff; focused on entering the workforce. Applicants must be accepted into this program. Click to learn more.
Group Respite: Thursdays this new respite option provides a safe, interactive, and fun-filled setting within The Arc Center. Click to learn more.
Requirements for The Achievement Zone:
- Participants must demonstrate the ability to accept and follow reasonable rules and to act safely and respectfully towards others.
- Participants must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to participate in all aspects of the daily schedule.
- Participants must be able to administer their own medication and be capable of attending to their personal hygiene.
- Transportation to and from the program will be the responsibility of the individual and their family. If you are using an outside vendor for transportation, please note pick up and drop off locations for each program offering.
- Final acceptance into a program offering will be determined based on assessment by The Arc of Monmouth staff.
Want to learn more?
Contact Damaris Scalzi
(732) 493-1919 ext. 440
Fall 2018: 9/4/18 - 12/21/18
The Achievement Zone Fall 2018 Program is currently in session. The Fall 2018 program offering guide provides descriptions of each day and the corresponding activities, pick up and drop off locations, and any special considerations worth noting.