Securing and maintaining employment is key to achieving independence and living a full life in the community. For those who want to work, The Arc of Monmouth can help find and succeed at a job they love.
The Arc of Monmouth’s Employment Services department matches individuals with disabilities seeking employment and local employers, with two locations serving western and eastern parts of the county.
Where We Work
Here is a list of industries and positions our clients specialize in:
- Mailroom duties
- Messenger work
- Clerical tasks
- Shipping and receiving
- Kitchen Assistants
- Assembly and packaging
- Warehouse assistance
- Food preparation
- Dish washing
- Custodial Work
- Window Cleaning
How It Works
After assessing the needs of the individual, our employment specialists match the interests and skills of the worker with the needs of the employer, and stays with the new hire until they have thoroughly mastered the job.
Here's what our employment specialists are trained to do:
- Job Sampling: Opportunities to try various jobs before and after high school graduation
- Pre-Placement Activities: Assistance with interviewing skills and resume writing
- Job Development: Help in obtaining a job that meets the participants skills, interests, and future goals
- On-the-job Training: Assistance at the workplace until the participant can perform the tasks confidently and independently
- Follow-along Services: Continued contact with a job coach to ensure both the participant and the employer are content with the current role, the work environment, and performance. Follow-along services can also train for exciting new opportunities throughout a career.
For further information on employment, or to discuss your human resources needs with an employment specialist:
Mike Garra at 732-493-1919 ext 777