Please be advised that due to COVID-19 restrictions KACH will be entirely virtual for the Fall 2021 semester
Keep Achieving (Kach) is a three-year college experience in collaboration with Brookdale Community College. Kach provides classroom and experiential learning on campus and in the community. Students attend Kach classes to strengthen basic academic skills, audit regular college courses during years two and three, and enjoy full integration into the Brookdale community, including time in the fitness center and campus volunteer work. Students develop a life-long love for learning, gain marketable employment skills, and better social awareness.
Thank you to all who have applied. Our Kach program has accepted the maximum participants for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applications will be available again in Spring 2022.
Participants must apply, and be accepted into the Kach program.
For Applicants 21-25 years old:
- Completed their educational entitlement no later than June, 2021
- Be enrolled in DDD Supports Program no later than August, 2021
For Applicants 18-21 years old (who have not finished high school):
- Be sponsored by their high school's Child Study Team.
- Able to administer their own medication (if applicable) and capable of attending to their personal hygiene.
- Have a strong desire to become an independent adult.
- Possess sufficient emotional stability to participate successfully in the Kach program.
If accepted, applicants must be able to fulfill the three-year commitment to the program. Full attendance is expected.
Note: Kach is a certificate program, not an accredited college degree program. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion presented by Brookdale Community College upon successful completion of the Kach curriculum.
For more information, please contact:
Coordinator, Keep Achieving (Kach) at Brookdale
The Arc of Monmouth
Phone: (732) 493-1919 ext. 773
Fax: (732) 493-3604