The Achievement Zone
The Achievement Zone’s In-Person Learning
We are so excited to get back in person at The Achievement Zone for the Fall 2022 Session!
This session will begin September 6th, 2022 and will run through December 22rd, 2022.
TAZ will be offering one in-person Pre-Vocational Training class and one Community Inclusion class each day. Please read thoroughly through the options for each day and only choose one from each day that you would like to attend. Drop off and pick up for Pre-Vocational Classes will take place at The Arc of Monmouth Center, 1158 Wayside Road, Tinton Falls 07712.
Before and After Respite Services may be available upon request. Please contact Candice Layton, email@example.com, for information.
Registration closes Friday, August 12, 2022!
TAZ will not be in session on the following holidays:
· Columbus Day/Indigenous People Day – October 10th
· Thanksgiving Day – November 24th
· Day after Thanksgiving – November 25th
TAZ Fall 2022 Program In-Person Offerings
1. Creative Expressions (Community Inclusion) Enjoy a day creating original works of art in a variety of media and participating in a yoga workshop. *Drop off and pick up at Middletown Arts Center, 36 Church St, Middletown 07748.
2. Inventory, Money Management & Technology (Prevocational Training) Take inventory, shop for groceries, practice money management and financial literacy skills like counting in multiples and balancing a check book. Technology will focus on comprehension and following directions while reinforcing those skills needed for employment.
1. Fitness & Drumming (Community Inclusion) The group will also enjoy a multimedia creative arts class featuring drama, drumming, and other expressive activities at the Count Basie Theater. Fitness will take place inside or outside depending on the weather. *Drop off and pick up at Monmouth Mall Barnes & Nobles entrance.
2. Wandering Wagon & Job Club (Prevocational Training) Wandering Wagon emphasizes social interaction, money management, sales, maintaining and stocking inventory, and customer service. Job Club participants will discuss career options and practice workplace etiquette.
1. Community Service and Job Club (Prevocational Training) Volunteer experiences in the food pantry. Job Club will focus on employment skills, such as communication and problem-solving techniques.
2. Community Trips (Community Inclusion) Trips will differ each week to create a variety of enriching experiences and learning opportunities. We take advantage of many seasonal local activities. Money be needed for certain activities *Drop off and pick up at Panera Bread, 1050 Broad Street, Shrewsbury 07702.
1. Drama, Travel Training & Cinema Review (Community Inclusion) Dance class and Cinema Review at Middletown Arts Center and drama class at the Count Basie theater. Ride the train between Red Bank and Middletown. For a discounted rate, participants will need a NJ transit reduced fare card and money for the train. *Drop off and pick up at Middletown Arts Center, 36 Church St, Middletown 07748.
2. Wandering Wagon & Job Club (Prevocational Training) Wandering Wagon emphasizes social interaction, money management, sales, maintaining and stocking inventory, and customer service. Job Club participants will discuss career options and practice workplace etiquette. Will include shopping and will use smart shopping techniques learned.
1. Let’s Do Lunch (Prevocational Training) Participants learn the ins and outs of the catering industry. Each week, the group will plan a menu, take inventory and practice culinary techniques preparing the meals. Staff from The Arc Center and program participants can purchase their lunches.
2. Community College Connection/Yoga/Nutrition (Pre-Vocational/Community Inclusion) Brookdale Community College will offer a 60 minute class, followed by lunch on campus that can be purchased or brought. An employment related activity will also take place on campus. The afternoon component includes yoga and nutrition. Brookdale requires an activities fee of $332.50. *Make checks payable to The Arc of Monmouth after confirmation of course registration. *Drop off & pick up at The Arc of Monmouth Center
For details and service units, please visit www.arcofmonmouth.org/TAZ