Community College Connection
Community College Connection will follow the academic calendar of Brookdale Community College.
- Fall Semester: 9/13/2019 through 12/20/2019
- Spring Semester: 1/24/2020 through 5/8/2020
*At this time, you may sign up for the entire academic year if interested.
Holiday Closures for Community College Connection 2019-20 Academic Year:
- November 29 - Day after Thanksgiving
- March 21 - Brookdale Spring Break
- April 10 - Good Friday
Fridays, 9AM – 3PM
Community College Connection consists of an hour long class, followed by lunch on Brookdale's campus. The class will cover a range of topics, including math, writing, literature, life skills, money management, and self-advocacy. Afternoon sessions will include yoga and a nutrition class.
The class at Brookdale has a tuition fee of $332.50 per semester. This must be privately paid. Goods and Services will not cover this class.
Pick up and drop off will be at The Arc Center.
- The class tuition is not eligible for Goods & Services. For those in the Supports Program, $332 in tuition fees will be out-of-pocket, and the responsibility of the family.
- For yoga class, participants should bring a change of clothes, gym shoes and a water bottle.
- Transportation to and from the program will be the responsibility of the individual and their family.
If you have questions, or would like more information, please contact email@example.com.
Talk to your support coordinator. If you are still in the Interim Program, the cost is $97 per day. If you are in DDD Supports Program, you will need the following units added to your plan for each day of Community College Connection:
- 18 Units Community Inclusion
- 25 Miles Transportation