The Achievement Zone
Young adults enrolled in The Achievement Zone are challenged and prepared to pursue their goals, as staff help participants clarify their plans and take the next step as adults. The Arc of Monmouth offers a robust and well-balanced curriculum with options like Job Club and pre-vocational training, cooking, creative arts, community service, fitness, and community inclusion. There is something for everyone!
The Achievement Zone offerings (Monday through Friday) will run from 9 AM to 3 PM. Transportation to and from the program (drop off and pick up) is NOT provided by The Arc. One unit of respite will be added to your plan for each week of program. For example, if the session is 10 weeks, 10 units of respite will be included to compensate for early arrivals or late departures. Additional units may be requested if needed.
Some activities may require higher levels of activity. Some activities also require additional costs.
If you have particular needs (e.g. medical, behavioral, mobility, safety, or self-care) that cannot be met in one of these offerings, don't forget that The Arc of Monmouth also offers five Achievement Centers with specially-trained staff on site.
If you are new to the Achievement Zone, we strongly encourage you to schedule a tour to be sure the activities would be a good fit. Email TheAchievementZone@arcofmonmouth.org to arrange a visit.
Start Date: Thursday, January 2, 2020
End Date: Friday, June 26, 2020
Click each link below for details on each program offering for Winter 2020:
Community Inclusion: Enrich your daily life by experiencing many of the resources and cultural activities our local community has to offer. Some days may incur additional fees. Click each link to learn more about specific options.
- Creative Expressions (Monday)
- Book Club & Therapeutic Martial Arts (Tuesday)
- Community Visits (Wednesday)
- Drama with Travel Training & Dance (Thursday)
- Community College Connections & Yoga (Friday)
- Historic New Jersey (Friday - 7 Week Option)
Prevocational Training: Learn and engage in volunteer experiences to explore possible career options and build employability skills and independence.
- Inventory, Money Management & Technology (Monday)
- Gardening & Drama (Tuesday)
- Wandering Wagon (Tuesday)
- Community Service & Job Club (Wednesday)
- Let's Do Lunch (Friday)
Group Respite: Socialize and build friendships in a safe, interactive, and fun-filled setting within The Arc Center. Click to learn more about respite offerings.
- Thursday Group Respite
- Short-term Option
Requirements for The Achievement Zone:
- Participants must demonstrate the ability to accept and follow reasonable rules and to act safely and respectfully towards others.
- Participants must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to participate in all aspects of the daily schedule.
- Participants must be able to administer their own medication and be capable of attending to their personal hygiene.
- Transportation to and from the program will be the responsibility of the individual and their family. If you are using an outside vendor for transportation, please note pick up and drop off locations for each program offering.
- Final acceptance into a program offering will be determined based on assessment by The Arc of Monmouth staff.
Want to learn more?
Contact TheAchievementZone@arcofmonmouth.org or call (732) 493-1919 ext. 775