Looking for services or resources for a loved one with developmental disabilities?
The Arc’s outreach coordinator is available to guide you through The Arc’s services, Medicaid eligibility or help accessing services and other resources available.
For assistance, families are invited to contact:
732-493-1919, ext 122
*Please do not use this email if you are a business or resource looking to be added to our site.
The Arc and Neighboring Chapters
National Website: www.thearc.org
The Arc of New Jersey: www.arcnj.org
The Arc of Ocean County: www.arcocean.org
The Arc of Middlesex County: www.arc-middlesex.org
The Arc of Mercer County: www.arcmercer.org
The Arc of Atlantic County: www.thearcatlantic.org
autismNOW – an initiative by The Arc:
Dental Care in Monmouth County
For patients with Medicaid or no dental insurance.
Monmouth Family Health Center 270 Broadway, Long Branch
NJ Special Needs Registry
NJ Register Ready was created to help people with a disability in times of emergency. NJ residents with special needs are encouraged to add their personal information to this registry, which will be shared with emergency responders in case of an emergency or evacuation.
Monmouth County Special Needs Registry “SNR”:
The Special Needs Registry (www.mcsnrnj.org) allows citizens with special needs who reside, attend school or work in Monmouth County to voluntarily provide information about their special needs to law enforcement officials. The SNR enables first responders and emergency personnel to better assist the individuals with special needs in their time of need.
Monmouth County's Human Services Directory - Mental Health Finder
The Mental Health Facilities Finder application locates and provides information about mental health facilities located in Monmouth County. Facilities provide services related to the mental health of children and adults, specialized education, substance use disorders, social services, and legal services.
The ABLE Act
NJ ABLE Save tax-free for eligible expenses such as education, housing and transportation without losing eligibility for Medicaid and other benefits.
The National Disability Institute has six steps you can take to become ABLE account ready. Click here for a video. Brief Summary of the ABLE Act.
My Social Security:
Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are significant sources of income for retirees and people with disabilities. When applying for a mortgage, public, private or subsidized housing, applicants generally must provide proof of income as part of their application. For people who receive a monthly Social Security or SSI benefit, My Social Security (www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount) a secure, online service, is the fastest way to obtain a Benefit Verification or Proof of Income letter.
Consumer Affairs Recommendations
Best Walk-In Bath Companies for Individuals with Limited Mobility
National Disability-Related Websites
- The Arc of the United States
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Society of America
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Cerebral Palsy Guide
- The Cerebral Palsy Group
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- The Council on Quality and Leadership
- Exceptional Parent Magazine
- International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities
- March of Dimes
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Council on Disability
- National Down Syndrome Society
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- New Jersey Brain Injury Alliance
- Parents Helping Parents
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
- Spina Bifida Association of America
New Jersey Disability-Related Sites
- Alliance for the Betterment of Citizens with Disabilities
- Association for Children of New Jersey
- Disability Rights New Jersey
- Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey
- The Family Support Coalition of New Jersey
- New Jersey Aging and Disability Resource Connection
- NJ Association of County Disability Services, Inc.
- NJ Disability Allies
- New Jersey MentalHealthCares
- New Jersey Work Incentive Network Support
- Spectrum for Living
- Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of New Jersey, Inc.
- Logisticare Medical Transportation
New Jersey Government
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
- New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
- New Jersey Division of Disability Services
- New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS)
- New Jersey State Legislature
- NJ Parent Link
- NJ Helps
- Federal Bulletin Board
- Legislative Information from The Library of Congress
- Social Security Administration
- US Census Bureau
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- US House of Representatives
- US Senate
- The White House
Assistive Technology / Rehabilitation / ADA
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Center for Information Technology Accommodation
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America